Great Friday Ladies!
After Thanksgiving we all could use something fresh, right? How well do you know your city? Sure you know your neighborhood like the back of your hand, but what about what is happening on the other side of town? This week let’s explore something new and unusual about our cities.
Take a staycation either at a hotel or even at home and make true efforts to step outside the norm. Listed are some things and places, including restaurants, I have tried and also a few of my favorites.
- Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern- Built in 1926, the cistern was once a 15 million gallon drinking water reservoir. Tours are available to see the 25 feet tall pillars in a gorgeous geometrical pattern under the Houston surface.
- Lankford Grocery- Amazing local burger joint dating back to the 1930’s as a grocery store. It is quaint and has a very casual and relaxed feel. Here’s the catch… Cash only.
- James Turrell Skyspace- Head over to the campus of Rice University to view this majestic view of the sunrise and sunset through LED lighting.
- Taste Bar & Kitchen- Debuting in Spring 2019, this restaurant certainly has lived up to the hype of its name. A two-tier restaurant with two bars and am outside patio, Taste has brought an urban chic feel to Midtown Houston. Get the chicken and waffles. That dish is good good.
- 19th Street in the Heights- The Heights is rich in vintage and eclectic shops, restaurants, and activities. Take a stroll down 19th street and shop small and experience big!
Life is about experiences. Experience and live it!